CONDITIONS OF COMPETITION
- 1. RULES OF GOLF
The 71st PAL Seniors Interclub Golf Tournament shall be conducted in accordance with the Rules of Golf of the Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St. Andrews (R&A Rules Limited) and the Local Rules of the Tournament and its Host Clubs.
2. ELIGIBILITY AND REQUIREMENTS
- 1.1 TEAM REQUIREMENTS - A team must fulfil the following requirements to be able to join the
PAL Seniors Interclub:
- a. Local Teams must represent a golf club that has its own 18-hole golf course. A team that no longer has a golf course continues to be eligible provided it has not been disqualified and it continues to meet other eligibility requirements.
- b. International teams must meet entry requirements set by the Tournament Committee. Their team names must indicate a golf course or geographic location.
1.2 TEAM ELIGIBILITY - Participation in the tournament shall be limited to:
- a. Teams that have completed play and have not been disqualified in the last PAL Seniors Interclub.
- b. Teams that have been reinstated and new teams accepted by the Tournament Committee.
- 1.3 INDIVIDUAL PLAYER’S ELIGIBILITY - To be eligible to play in the PAL Seniors Interclub, a
player must fulfil the following requirements:
- a. Be included in the Roster of Members of his Club/Team which is submitted via email to the Tournament Secretariat on or before January 31, 2018.
- b. Be at least 55 years old, players turning 55 years old in the calendar year of the tournament are eligible to join.
- c. Fulfil the Travel Requirements of Philippine Airlines. (see Appendix II)
- 1.4 REJECTION OF ENTRIES – The Tournament Committee reserves the right to reject the application of any team or any member of a team seeking entry into the Seniors Interclub.
- 1.5. DISQUALIFICATION/SUSPENSION FROM THE INTERCLUB – At any time, the Tournament Committee reserves the right to disqualify and/or suspend any team or individual from their participation in the Interclub. Reasons for dismissal/suspension may include gross disrespect to the sponsors and tournament officials and staff, unbecoming conduct and gross violations of the Rules of Golf and golf etiquette by team member/s during the current or past Interclubs.
- 1.1 TEAM REQUIREMENTS - A team must fulfil the following requirements to be able to join the PAL Seniors Interclub:
3. TEAM CAPTAIN
- 1.1. DESIGNATION - Each team must have a designated Team Captain who will represent his team in meetings, press conferences and all dealings with the Tournament Committee.
1.2. RESPONSIBILITIES - The Team Captain shall be responsible for the following:
- a. Attend the Team Captains Meetings or, if he cannot attend, make sure his team is represented. Penalty for failure to attend: Team Disqualification
- b. Submit the Roster of Members of his Club on or before January 31, 2018. Roster should be directly sent to the email of the Tournament Secretariat. Penalty for failure to submit: Team Disqualification
- c. Coordinate with his local Philippine Airlines Branch/District Office and ensure that all team members have adhered to the travel policies set forth by the Tournament Committee. Penalty for failure to follow Travel Policies: Team Disqualification
- d. Register online the final Team Line-Up with the PAL PPA ID #, First Names and Nicknames/Aliases of the members of the team properly indicated on or before February 23, 2018. Note: The team will automatically be classified in the Championship Division if the Team Line-Up is submitted after the set deadline.
- e. Pay the required team entry fee on or before the Team Captains Meeting. Penalty for failure to pay: Team Disqualification
- f. Check the Roster of Members that was submitted by his club to the Tournament Secretariat on or before January 31, 2018 and verify that all the players listed in the Team Line-Up are included in the Roster. Penalty for fielding Ineligible Player: Team Disqualification
- g. Inform all of his team members about the Local Rules of the Tournament, Conditions of Competition and any changes/additions that have been made.
- h. Makes sure that all of his players have signed and submitted the Medical Waiver before the start of the tournament.
- 1.3. ADVICE - The Team Captain is not allowed to give advice to any member of his team while they are playing their stipulated rounds. Penalty for each breach: Two (2) points deduction from the team score for the day
- 1.4 A Team Captain is not allowed to act as team captain for one team then play for another. Penalty for breach: Disqualification of player
4. TOURNAMENT FORMAT
- 1.1. FORMAT - The PAL Seniors' Interclub is a 36-hole Stroke Play, Modified Stableford (Molave), Team Competition played over four (4) consecutive days among teams representing golf clubs/teams. Individual awards will also be given.
1.2. POINT SYSTEM - The player’s gross scores shall be converted to the following corresponding
Score Points Triple Bogey or worse 0 Double Bogey 1 Bogey 2 Par 3 Birdie 4 Eagle 5 Hole-in-One 6 Double Eagle 7
1.3. TEAM COMPETITION
- a. VENUES - The tournament shall be played simultaneously on two (2) golf courses. A club/team must play two (2) rounds on each golf course.
b. CLASSIFICATION – Teams shall be classified into five (5) divisions according to Team
Averages that are based on the individual PAL Point Average (PPA) of the members
of the team and handicap indexes of players without PPA. The PPA shall be based
on the past performances of the team members over the last five (5) PAL Seniors
Interclub tournaments. The team divisions are:
- Championship Division
- Founders Division
- Aviator Division
- Sportswriters Division
- Friendship Division
- i. The Rules on Classification of Teams are further defined in Appendix I.
c. TEAM SCORE
- i. A team is given four (4) playing slots in each playing day and the best three (3) scores will count as the team score for the day.
- ii. The club/team scoring the highest number of points in their division after four (4) days of play shall be declared champion of their division.
- iii. The Championship Division may be won by any of the competing clubs/teams. A club/team in a lower division that scores a higher number of points than the clubs/teams in the Championship Division shall be declared the overall champion.
- d. 36-HOLE MAXIMUM - A player can only play a maximum of 36 holes.
1.4. INDIVIDUAL COMPETITION -
a. Players shall be divided into the following divisions based on their PAL Point
Average (PPA). They will compete in these flights regardless of what division
their team plays in:
Flight A 90 and above PPA Flight B 80 to 89 PPA Flight C 70 to 79 PPA Flight D 60 PPA and below
- b. The players who score the highest points after all participants have completed 36-holes of play shall be declared champions of their Flight.
- c. To win any of the Individual Awards a player must play both courses. Players who play both their rounds on the same golf course will only compete for the Best 18-hole Score on that course.
- a. Players shall be divided into the following divisions based on their PAL Point Average (PPA). They will compete in these flights regardless of what division their team plays in:
5. TEAM COMPOSITION
- 1.1. The PAL Seniors' Interclub is a golf competition for Senior Amateur Male golfers.
- 1.2. Professional golfers whether Touring or Teaching Professionals are not allowed to play in the tournament. Non-amateurs may participate if they are allowed to do so by the Tournament Committee.
- 1.3. A team may consist of 6, 7 or 8 players
1.4. ROSTER OF MEMBERS – All participating clubs will be required to submit their Roster of
Members on or before January 31, 2018.
- a. A team will be disqualified if it fails to submit its Clubs’ Roster of Members on or before the designated date.
- b. No changes or additions will be allowed once the Roster has been submitted except in case of Rule 5.4c below.
- c. Teams that need to add names to their submitted Roster after January 31, 2018 may do so by writing a letter to the Tournament Committee before the 15th of February 2018. No changes will be allowed after the 15th of February 2018.
- d. The team captain will be notified immediately by the Tournament Secretariat if the Tournament Committee has approved or not the request for adding a player to the team roster submitted after the deadline set.
- 1.5. A player can play for only one (1) team. Penalty: Disqualification of the succeeding team/s the player has played for.
1.1. TEAM DISQUALIFICATION - Disqualification of a team shall mean the disqualification of all
its members and their scores will no longer be counted in the determination of team and
individual standings. Grounds for disqualification of a team shall be the following:
- a. Non-attendance of a Team Captain or his representative during the Team Captains Meeting.
- b. Failure to submit the Clubs’ Roster of Members on or before January 31, 2018.
c. Fielding an ineligible player. An ineligible player shall be defined as:
- i. A player whose name does not appear in the Roster of Members that the club/team had submitted on or before January 31, 2018.
- ii. A player whose addition to the Roster has not been approved by the Tournament Committee.
- iii. A player who has already played 36-holes/2 rounds.
- iv. A player who has played for another team in an earlier round.
- v. A player who has assumed another person’s identity.
- vi. A player who has not fulfilled the travel requirements of Philippine Airlines.
- d. Fielding more than eight (8) players
- e. Fielding less than three (3) players on any day of the competition.
- f. Non-payment of the team entry fee on the deadline set by the Tournament Committee.
- g. Commission of gross violations of the Rules and/or Etiquette that the Tournament Committee feels warrant a penalty of Disqualification.
- 1.2. INDIVIDUAL DISQUALIFICATION – Disqualification of any player under the Rules of Golf in the first round he has played shall not be effective for the second round unless the Tournament Committee determines otherwise.
- 1.3. SUSPENSION OF DISQUALIFIED TEAMS - A team that has been disqualified for violation of Interclub Rules shall be suspended from participation in the next PAL Interclub and must reapply to be accepted to join succeeding Interclubs. However, the Tournament Committee may waive the suspension for reasons it may deem proper.
- 1.1. TEAM DISQUALIFICATION - Disqualification of a team shall mean the disqualification of all its members and their scores will no longer be counted in the determination of team and individual standings. Grounds for disqualification of a team shall be the following:
7. PAIRINGS AND TEE-TIME
- 1.1. Pairings and Starting times for the first two days of play shall be based on team's PPA average. Pairings and Starting times for the third and final days of play shall be based on scores which will reflect team standings.
- 1.2. Pairings shall indicate team names only. Team Captains should provide the starters with the names of their players within 30 minutes before the scheduled tee time of his first player to tee-off. Changes may still be made before the player’s tee-off except when Rule 1.3 below is being implemented.
- 1.3. At the option of the Committee, it may require that team captains submit their tee-time assignments in sealed envelopes. Tee- time assignments will be deemed final once these sealed envelopes have been submitted to the starters.
- 1.4. The Committee reserves the right to alter the pairings and tee-times if it feels that such actions are for the good of the tournament. Players who refuse to follow such changes will be disqualified.
8. REQUESTS FOR TEE TIMES/PLAYING DATES
The Tournament Committee will not entertain any requests for tee times or playing dates. Players who join the tournament should be ready to play on any of the dates and tee-times assigned to them by the Committee.
9. LATE TO TEE
A player is late to tee if he is not on the tee, ready to play, when the starter calls the first player in his flight to the tee. The late player is not disqualified. He will score zero (0) points on the hole/s that he failed to play and he will be allowed to join his assigned group on the tee of the next hole to be played.
10. SLOW PLAY
- 1.1. All players must maintain the proper Pace of Play at all times. If a group falls behind by having an open hole in front of them, they will be warned by an official and asked to speed up play and keep pace with the group ahead.
- 1.2. If they do not, in the opinion of the official, make a conscious effort to speed up play in the next few holes, the official will time all members of the group.
1.3. The official doing the timing shall be the sole judge of when it is the players turn to play.
Any player who takes more than one (1) minute to play his shot from the time it is his turn
to play shall incur a BAD TIME and be subject to the following penalties:
First BAD TIME Warning Second BAD TIME One-Stroke Penalty Third BAD TIME Two-Strokes Penalty Fourth BAD TIME Disqualification
- 1.4. The group will be timed until they have regained their proper position on the course.
- 1.5. A player will carry his bad time for the rest of the round in case their flight falls out of position again.
11. STOPPING AT THE CLUBHOUSE/TEE HOUSES
Players are not allowed unduly delay play by stopping at the clubhouse/tee houses to sit down, order food and drinks and have refreshments. Penalty for Breach: 2 points deduction from the team score for the day for each infraction.
12. CELLULAR PHONES
Cellular phones should be placed on silent mode and should not be used during play of a hole. Penalty for Breach: Two strokes penalty per Breach (Maximum of Four strokes per round).
13. CADDIES, UMBRELLA BOYS/GIRLS
- 1.1. Only caddies and umbrella boys/girls accredited by the host clubs may be employed.
- 1.2. Players are not allowed to caddy for other players. Penalty for breach of 13.1 & 13.2: Disqualification of player
14. GOLF BALLS/GOLF CLUBS
Only golf balls and golf clubs which conform to the Rules of Golf shall be used during the tournament. Penalty for breach: Disqualification of player
To promote faster play, a player who no longer has any chance to score a point on a hole MUST pick-up his ball and discontinue play of the hole. He shall score zero (0) points for the hole and MUST mark his score on that hole with an “X” to indicate a pick-up.
Note: 1. Signing for a score higher than a Double Bogey shall mean that the player has made such a score and his team will be subject to the penalty clause of this rule. 2. The disqualification of the player does not free the team from the penalties of this rule. Penalty for Breach: 2 points deduction from the team score for the day for each infraction.
However, the team penalty will not apply if:
- a. The Committee determines after the game that the player had incurred a penalty stroke and the player was not aware of the penalty when he holed out on the hole in question;
- b. The player is in doubt as to procedure and/or penalty strokes and the matter has to be referred to the Committee after the game.
- 1.1. MARKER - Each player shall be assigned by the Committee as a marker to record the scores of another player in the same flight. The marker MUST do the recording of scores himself and NOT THE CADDIE. Penalty for breach: Two (2) strokes for each violation
- 1.2. SCORING - The marker shall record the GROSS SCORE of the player and mark pick-ups with an “X”.
- 1.3. MARKERS DISQUALIFICATION - The Committee may disqualify the marker if it is shown that he has deliberately violated Rule 16-2 above and/or deliberately performed actions so another player may be disqualified.
- 1.4. SUBMISSION – The scorecard is deemed to have been submitted when it is dropped in the Drop Box provided for.
1.5. TO AVOID PENALTIES, PLAYERS ARE REMINDED TO:
- a. Retrieve their scorecard from their marker IMMEDIATELY after they leave the putting green of their last hole;
- b. Check their scorecards for correctness and make sure that their GROSS SCORES are legibly indicated on the card. Holes picked-up must be marked with an “X”;
- c. Settle any doubtful points with the marker and/or the Committee before signing the scorecard.
- d. Clear and clarify with the Scorers any illegible scores on the scorecard before submitting it. Scores not legibly written will be interpreted by the Committee at its sole discretion;
- e. Make sure the marker has signed the scorecard;
- f. Return the scorecard to the Committee before any member of any flight following them has submitted their scorecard/s or within fifteen (15) minutes of holing out if they are the last flight of the morning or afternoon set. Penalty for breach: Disqualification
17. TEAM AWARDS
- 1.1. The Champion Team shall take possession of the permanent PAL Trophy for one year while the members of the team shall receive medals. A team that wins the permanent trophy for three (3) consecutive years shall be allowed to keep the championship trophy.
- 1.2. The Champions of the Championship, Founders Aviator, Sportswriters and Friendship Divisions as well as the First and Second Runners-up shall be awarded trophies while the members of the teams shall receive medals.
- 1.3. INTERNATIONAL TROPHY – The International trophy shall be given to the international team that scores the highest points among the overseas teams entered in the tournament regardless of what division they are playing in.
18. INDIVIDUAL AWARDS
- 1.1. Trophies will be awarded to the Champion, First Runner-Up and Second Runner-up of each of the Flights.
1.2. SPECIAL AWARDS – The following Special Awards will be given:
- Highest 18-hole Points Scored on each course
1.1. TEAM COMPETITION – Ties in the team competition shall be settled by comparing scores and
determining the winner on the basis of:
- a. The final day points of the Fourth player, then by
- b. The total team points of the last 54-holes, then by
- c. The total team points over the last 36-holes, then by
- d. The total team points over the last 18-holes, then by
- e. Drawing of lots
1.2. INDIVIDUAL COMPETITION – Ties in the individual competition shall be settled by comparing
scores and determining the winner on the basis of:
- a. DThe best 18-hole points of the players, then by
- b. DThe second round points by the players, then by
- c. DDrawing of lots
- 1.3. SPECIAL AWARDS – Ties in the Special Awards shall be settled by the USGA Tiebreak System.
- 1.1. TEAM COMPETITION – Ties in the team competition shall be settled by comparing scores and determining the winner on the basis of:
20. CLOSE OF COMPETITION
The competition shall be deemed closed when the Championship Trophy of the division concerned has been awarded to the winner.
21. TOURNAMENT LOCAL RULES
These Tournament Local Rules shall be in effect for all venues of the PAL Seniors Interclub:
- 1.1. GOLF CARTS – If the host club can not provide golf carts to all players then players only sixty (60) years old above will be allowed to use golf carts. Penalty for breach: Two strokes for each hole at which the breach occurred. Maximum penalty: Four strokes.
1.2. EMBEDDED BALL – Rule 25-2 is expanded to include all areas “through the green”.
“ A ball embedded in its own pitch-mark through the green may be lifted, cleaned and dropped, without penalty, as near as possible to the spot where it lay but not nearer to the hole. The ball when dropped must first strike a part of the course through the green.”
- 1.3. TIME OF STARTING – The five minute allowance for late to tee is NOT IN EFFECT. The player is disqualified for the holes he missed and may join his assigned group on the tee of the next hole to be played.
- 1.4. STONES IN BUNKER – Stones in Bunkers are declared as movable obstructions. Players may remove stones inside the bunkers.
- 1.5. DISTANCE MEASURING EQUIPMENT – A player may only obtain distance information by using a device that measures distance only.
- 1.6. PRACTICE ON COURSE NOT PLAYED – Players may practice on any course that they have not played subject to the availability of tee-times.
- 1.7. DOUBT AS TO PROCEDURE – In order to speed up play, players are advised to invoke Rule 3- 3 (Doubt as to Procedure) whenever they are doubtful of their rights or the correct procedure they must follow. They must complete play of the hole by playing two balls.
1.8. PREFERRED LIES – In the event that the tournament is to be played under preferred lies,
the following rule shall be in effect:
“Through the green, a player may lift, clean and replace his ball in a spot within one (1) scorecard length not nearer the hole that is not in a hazard or on a putting green. The player must mark the position of his ball before he lifts it. The ball is in play when the marker is removed.” Penalty for violation of this rule: Two (2) strokes.
1.9. ACCIDENTAL MOVEMENT OF A BALL ON THE PUTTING GREEN
“Rules 18-2, 18-3 and 201-1 are modified as follows:
When a player’s ball lies on the putting green, there is no penalty if the ball or ball-marker is accidentally moved by the player, his partner, his opponent or any of their caddies or equipment.
The moved ball or ball-marker must be replaced as provided in Rules 18-2, 18-3 and 20-1.
This Local Rules only applies only when the player’s ball or ball-marker lies on the putting green and any movement is accidental.
Note: If it is determined that a player’s ball on the putting green was moved as a result of wind, water or some other natural cause such as effects of gravity, the ball must be played as it lies from its new location. A ball-marker moved in such circumstance is replaced”.
22. DEFINITION OF TERM
- 1.1. ROSTER OF MEMBERS – The Roster of Members is a list of all the members of the Club.
- 1.2. TEAM LINE-UP – The Team Line-up is the final list of 6, 7 or 8 members of the Club who will play in the tournament. The Team Line-up MUST be derived from the Roster of Members of the Club.
- 1.3. PAL POINT AVERAGE (PPA) – The PAL Point Average is the average of the scores of the player in the past five (5) Interclubs. It is used for classification purposes.
23. ADVISORY ON THE RULES
- 1.1. CADDIES MARKING BALLS – The Rules of Golf allow the player to authorize any person to mark his ball and lift it (Rule 20-1). Therefore, caddies may be allowed to mark and lift a player’s ball. However, it should be noted that if a player himself marks and lifts his ball, his caddie is not allowed to replace it. If the caddie marks and lifts the ball, the caddie or the player may replace it (Rule 20-3a).
- 1.2. REPLACEMENT OF PLAYERS – Members of the team who have already played a round CANNOT BE REPLACED. The team may be disqualified for fielding more than 8 players if it replaces a player who has already played
These Rules shall be effective on the 71st PAL Seniors' Interclub in Bacolod City.
CONDITIONS OF COMPETITION
CLASSIFICATION OF TEAMS
Classification of club/teams in the PAL Interclub in the Seniors Interclub shall be based on the past individual performances of the team members in the last five (5) Seniors Interclubs. The classification shall be done in the following manner:
- 1.1.1. DATABASE - The Tournament Committee shall maintain two databases: one for the Men’s Interclub and another for the Seniors Interclub. The database shall contain a tabulation of the past performances of all players over the past 5 Interclubs and indicate their PAL Point Averages (PPA).
- 1.1.2. CHANGES TO THE DATABSE - Any questions, clarifications or changes on the database must be resolved with the Tournament Committee before the end of the Team Captains Meeting. The Databases are deemed to be final after the close of the Team Captains Meeting.
1.1.3. ONLINE REGISTRATION – On or before February 23, 2018, all team captains are required
to register online their final team line-up listing the names of the players who will
compose their team as well as the PPA Number, PPA’s/handicap index of the players in his
- 3.1 PPA’s OF PLAYERS – it is the responsibility of the Team captain to indicate the PPA’s of the players that will represent his team as well as the handicap indexes of those players without PPA’s. Team Captains can refer to the Database posted on the PAL Interclub website to determine the PPA number and PPA’s of this players.
- 3.2 FAILURE TO INDICATE PPA’S ON LINE-UP SHEET - Team Captains who fail to indicate the PPA’s of his team members can no longer change or protest the computation or assignment of PPA’s by the Committee.
- 3.3 PLAYERS WITHOUT PPA’s – Team Captains will be required by the Committee to present the handicap index certifications/cards as of DECEMBER 2017 of all team members without PPA’s in case there are any questions on the veracity of the handicap of a player.
- 3.4 DEADLINE FOR ONLINE REGISTRATION – Deadline for online registration is on February 23, 2018, teams failing to register after the set deadline will be automatically assigned to the Championship Division.
- 1.1.4. VERIFICATION OF PPA’s - The Tournament Committee will refer to the Database the appropriate tournament and verify if the PPA’s indicated by then Team Captain are correct.
- 5.1 The Committee computes the team average by taking into consideration the best eight (8) PPA’s and/or handicap indexes of the members of the team.
5.2 Teams will be ranked according to their average PPA and grouped according to the
Championship Division Top 4 Teams + Teams within 1 average point of the 4th ranked Team. Founders Division Next 12 Teams + Teams within 1 average point of the 12th ranked Team. Aviator Division Next 20 Teams + Teams within 1 average point of the 20th ranked Team. Sportswriters Division Next 20 Teams + Teams within 1 average point of the 20th ranked Team. Friendship Division Rest of the teams
- 6.1 The Committee computes the team average by taking into consideration the best six (6) Senior PPA’s and/or handicap indexes of the members of the team.
6.2 Teams will be ranked according to their average PPA and grouped according to the following
Championship Division Top 4 Teams + Teams within 1 average point of the 4th ranked Team. Founders Division Next 16 Teams + Teams within 1 average point of the 16th ranked Team. Aviator Division Next 28 Teams + Teams within 1 average point of the 28h ranked Team. Sportswriters Division Next 28 Teams + Teams within 1 average point of the 28th ranked team. Friendship Division Rest of the teams
- 1.1.7. PLAYERS WITHOUT PAL POINT AVERAGES – Team captains will be required to present handicap certifications/cards as of December 2017 of all their players without PPA’s. Players without submitted handicap index certificate/cards will be given a 0.0 index.
- 1.1.8. SUBMITTING WRONG HANDICAPS – A Team that submits incorrect or falsified handicaps of their players shall be disqualified from the tournament.
- 1.1.9. HANDICAP INDEXES DO NOT MATCH ABILITIES – At any time during the competition, the Tournament Committee reserves the right to reclassify the division of a team if the submitted handicap index of any team member does not match the abilities they have shown on the course.
- 1.1.10. CHANGES IN LINE-UP - Team classification may change whenever a team makes any changes in its line-up and the Tournament Committee has evaluated such changes. However, no team shall be reclassified to a lower division as a result of changes in the line-up of a team.
- 1.1.11. NEW TEAMS - New teams will be classified based on the best eight (8) for the mens and best six (6) for the seniors PPA and/or handicap indexes of the members of the team.
- 1.1.12. DISQUALIFIED TEAMS -Teams which have been disqualified in past Interclubs because of violations of Interclub rules shall automatically be assigned to the Championship Division the first year that they are accepted back into the Interclub.
- 1.1.13. COMMITTEE PREROGATIVE - The Tournament Committee reserves the right to classify or reclassify any team/s at any time or in any manner it deems fit if it thinks that such actions are for the good of the tournament.
TRAVEL GUIDELINES AND POLICIES
(Rules to take effect on the 71st PAL Interclub Golf Tournament in Bacolod City)
- 1.1. To be eligible, all Interclub players must be holding a PAL revenue tickets.
- 1.2. To be eligible, all team members of International Teams must embark/disembark from their state or country of foreign origin. (U.S. teams from the U.S., Australian Teams from Australia, etc.)
- 1.3. Travel to and from the venue of the PAL Interclub Golf Tournament MUST be made on Philippine Airlines.
- 1.4. Philippine Airlines will issue Team Captain’s complimentary airline tickets for their attendance in the Team Captain’s Meeting and the tournament proper. The issuance of these complimentary tickets will be subject to the provision (3) hereunder.
- 1.5. Team members are provided special discounted fares on Philippine Airlines from their point of origin to the venue of the tournament.
- 1.6. A Player may avail of any PAL promo fare available in the market/travel agent and may likewise be counted in the number of tickets required to be purchased prior to issuance of team captain’s ticket.
- 1.7. A Player may bring along one (1) travelling companion whose travel fares shall be at the same discounted rate as the player. The ticket of the player and his companion must have the same routing and must be purchased from the same PAL Ticket Office but not necessarily at the same time. Companion may only avail of the special fare after purchase of the player/participant’s ticket.
- 1.8. Player travelling on non-revenue PAL tickets (ID00/ID75/AD75 or Award Tickets) may play in the tournament but their scores will not be counted and will not be eligible for any individual awards.
- 1.9. Players travelling to the tournament venue using other airline tickets are deemed ineligible and are disqualified from participating in the tournament.
- 1.1. Discounted tickets will be available for purchase one (1) month before the start of the tournament and will be valid for use within the travel period defined by Philippine Airlines.
- 1.2. A member of a team arriving in the Philippines within six (6) months prior to the tournament shall be deemed to be qualified provided that he is listed in the Team’s Roster of Members, and provided that the Tournament Committee is given evidence that his travel to and from his home team’s state or country of origin has been made on Philippine Airlines. Such evidence shall be the actual unused portion of his return PAL air ticket as well as the proof of arrival based on the passport arrival stamp of the player. PAL PNB ticket Office is the designated ticket office to issue domestic Interclub tickets to the qualified players. Failure to provide such evidence shall be declined issuance of the domestic Interclub ticket likewise will be considered an eligible player.
- 1.1. The Team Captain’s complimentary ticket to the 1st Team Captain’s Meeting shall be issued only upon Secretariat’s receipt of the team’s completed TP FORM-1 on a given deadline. Failure to submit TP FORM-1 on the specified date will result to the nonissuance of complimentary team captain’s ticket and will forfeit team’s participation to the upcoming Interclub tournament.
1.2. The Team Captain’s complimentary ticket to the tournament proper is to be issued
only when the required number of tickets for each team is confirmed to have been
- a. The Senior Division Team Captain’s complimentary tickets can only be issued when the purchase of a minimum of six (6) tickets for the team has been confirmed.
- b. Complimentary ticket for a Regular Men’s Division Team Captain can only be issued when the purchase of a minimum of eight (8) tickets has been confirmed for the team.
- c. If a player is competing in both divisions, his ticket will only be counted as a purchased ticket in the Senior Division.
1.3. The complimentary tickets may be assigned to another
team provided he will:
- a. Be formally endorsed by an email letter by the official team captain.
- b. Register during the 1st Team Captains Meeting.
- c. Fill-up and submit all required Interclub forms with correct/updated club/team information.
- d. Relay to the team captain, all issues discussed during the 1st Team Captain’s Meeting.
- 1.1. Transpacific route (piece system): A special charge of US$50.00 for the golfing equipment (not exceeding 15kgs) each way or US$100 round trip from the point of origin to the venue of the tournament and vice versa.
- 1.2. Regional and Domestic route (weight system): Fifteen (15kgs) kilos free baggage allowance each way or thirty (30kgs) round trip from the point of origin to the venue of the tournament and vice versa.
Local Teams who are based close to the venue of the tournament are allowed to travel by land or sea ferry. However, team members are required to purchase round-trip discounted tickets on PAL to any one local destination during the tournament period. These tickets will be valid for travel within one year from date issue (with block-out periods).
The registered members of the teams of the host clubs may avail of special discounted fares on Philippine Airlines from their point of origin to Manila or vice versa. The discounted ticket should be purchased during the tournament period and the tickets will be valid for travel within one year from date issue (with block-out periods).
The first rebooking fee of Interclub ticket is waived. Subsequent changes will be charged the normal rebooking fees.